Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 4 SETS OF CRITERIA USED TO DISPLAY ANSWER

Hi

I have a list of dates in column C e.g. 01/10/2008

Column D equals the dates in column C and are formatted using the custom
'mmm' e.g. Oct

What I need is a formaula in column E that shows

If D1=Apr, May or Jun then the formula result displays "Q1"
OR
If D1=Jul, Aug or Sep then the formula result displays "Q2"
OR
If D1=Oct, Nov or Dec then the formula result displays "Q3"
OR
If D1=Jan, Feb or Mar then the formula result displays "Q4"

The formaula will be copied down the column

Thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi Mally,

use this formula:

=IF(MONTH(A1)<4,"Q4",IF(MONTH(A1)<7,"Q1",IF(MONTH( A1)<10,"Q2","Q3")))

--
Kind Regards,
Satti Charvak

"Mally" wrote:

Hi

I have a list of dates in column C e.g. 01/10/2008

Column D equals the dates in column C and are formatted using the custom
'mmm' e.g. Oct

What I need is a formaula in column E that shows

If D1=Apr, May or Jun then the formula result displays "Q1"
OR
If D1=Jul, Aug or Sep then the formula result displays "Q2"
OR
If D1=Oct, Nov or Dec then the formula result displays "Q3"
OR
If D1=Jan, Feb or Mar then the formula result displays "Q4"

The formaula will be copied down the column

Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

to be more correct for your case, it should be:

=IF(MONTH(C1)<4,"Q4",IF(MONTH(C1)<7,"Q1",IF(MONTH( C1)<10,"Q2","Q3")))

It doesnot matter with the month formula, whether you pick the date from
column "C" or "D".

--
Kind Regards,
Satti Charvak

"Mally" wrote:

Hi

I have a list of dates in column C e.g. 01/10/2008

Column D equals the dates in column C and are formatted using the custom
'mmm' e.g. Oct

What I need is a formaula in column E that shows

If D1=Apr, May or Jun then the formula result displays "Q1"
OR
If D1=Jul, Aug or Sep then the formula result displays "Q2"
OR
If D1=Oct, Nov or Dec then the formula result displays "Q3"
OR
If D1=Jan, Feb or Mar then the formula result displays "Q4"

The formaula will be copied down the column

Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mally,

Try this in E1 and dragged down

=LOOKUP(MONTH(D1),{0,4,7,10,13},{"Q4","Q1","Q2","Q 3"})

HTH
Martin