Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MEE MEE is offline

Default How can I add to a drop down list after I have selected it?

I have created several drop down lists for my EXCEL document, but want to add
something extra to several cells after I have selected the appropriate drop
down cell. Is this possible?

Basically, can I add extra text to a cell AFTER I have selected something
from the drop down list?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Mee" wrote:

I have created several drop down lists for my EXCEL document, but want to add
something extra to several cells after I have selected the appropriate drop
down cell. Is this possible?

Basically, can I add extra text to a cell AFTER I have selected something
from the drop down list?

Hi!

if you are using excel 2007, uncheck "Show error alert after invalid data is
entered" in the error alert tab.

Hope this help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MEE MEE is offline

Thanks for such a quick reply...I'm actually using Excel 2003, but I'm going
to have a look to see if it's got something similar.

Thanks once again.

Mee.

"RaulDR" wrote:

"Mee" wrote:

I have created several drop down lists for my EXCEL document, but want to add
something extra to several cells after I have selected the appropriate drop
down cell. Is this possible?

Basically, can I add extra text to a cell AFTER I have selected something
from the drop down list?

Hi!

if you are using excel 2007, uncheck "Show error alert after invalid data is
entered" in the error alert tab.

Hope this help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"RaulDR" wrote:

"Mee" wrote:

I have created several drop down lists for my EXCEL document, but want to add
something extra to several cells after I have selected the appropriate drop
down cell. Is this possible?

Basically, can I add extra text to a cell AFTER I have selected something
from the drop down list?

Hi!

if you are using excel 2007, uncheck "Show error alert after invalid data is
entered" in the error alert tab.

Hope this help.

Welcome :)

Thank you also for the feedback.