Tim - Daiwa

Default Picture disappears when saved as html file

Hello, when saving a file in Excel 2000 SP3 on Windows 2000 SP4 with any
picture inserted, it doesn't appear when saved and opened as a .htm file. Any
ideas why? I have checked the security settings in Excel which seems to be
fine. This problem doesn't occur in either Word or PowerPoint. I have checked
the security settings in Excel and re-installed the service pack for both
office and Windows to no avail.

JE McGimpsey

HTML files are always plain text.

When XL creates a HTML file, any pictures will be placed in a separate
folder with the name <filename_files in the same directory.

The link in the HTML file is relative, meaning it looks for the _files
folder in the same directory as the .htm file, so if you save the file
as "myfile.htm", the link will point to "/myfile_files/image1.jpg".

If you open the HTML file in a browser, the picture should load fine. If
you move the HTML file, then you also need to move the _files() folder
(or else edit the HTML to point to the correct location).

In article ,
"Tim - Daiwa" <Tim - wrote:

Hello, when saving a file in Excel 2000 SP3 on Windows 2000 SP4 with any
picture inserted, it doesn't appear when saved and opened as a .htm file. Any
ideas why? I have checked the security settings in Excel which seems to be
fine. This problem doesn't occur in either Word or PowerPoint. I have checked
the security settings in Excel and re-installed the service pack for both
office and Windows to no avail.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated