Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Automatically Change Formula Cell reference

I craeted a Pivot table and will be refreshing the table as new data
is added. When a new row of data is added, the formula refers to the
prior calculation I set up. I want to automated that when a new line
of data is updated the formula reflects it. I not sure if there is a
way to do this automatically or do I need to use VBA and relative
references. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Example

Orginal Formula
Row 1
Row 2

=(Row 2 - Row 1)/Row 1

After new row is added
Row 1
Row 2
Row 3

=(Row 3 - Row 2 )/Row 2

Mark
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Kuhrty,

you need to use VBA, if information comparise text and numbers, you can use
sumproduct formula if the information is in text and then you don't need to
refresh pivot again as data is to be entered.
provide more information if it's not working

Sanjay