Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Compare Excel file size

Hi,

Any ideas how to compare two excel files where one is an enhancement of the
other but not having looked at the file in some time I cannot find why the
second version is twice the size of the othe?

Visually they are the same and I don't think any formula were changed - but
suspect it could be in conditional formatting or in a macro

Any suggestions how I can find where the extra size is coming from?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, one thing you could also do is look at the scroll bars. If you go to
the end of your data and your scroll bar isn't all the way down to the bottom
or over to the right, you have excess rows/columns. If that's the case, you
can highlight the extra rows/columns, edit - Delete. Then, make sure you
click back within your table then save.

Conditional formatting should not be a very large portion of any file.
Macros could make a difference... if you go to Tools - Macro - Macros and
have some in there, could be it. Click on Edit for any macro to see how much
stuff is in there...