Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default What would the term be????

Trying to use the right term for what i'm looking for. I dont think i have it
right. I have a group of cells and columns with individual information.
Example below. I thought it was a range of cells or am i looking for a term
not there?

A B C D E F G H I J
1
2
3
4
5
6 space space space space
7
8
9
and so on.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Range, table, list are all good words to describe a block of data.

--
Jim
"doss04" wrote in message
| Trying to use the right term for what i'm looking for. I dont think i have
it
| right. I have a group of cells and columns with individual information.
| Example below. I thought it was a range of cells or am i looking for a
term
| not there?
|
| A B C D E F G H I J
| 1
| 2
| 3
| 4
| 5
| 6 space space space space
| 7
| 8
| 9
| and so on.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A statement like the one below will end at a blank row or column and will not
extend to cover your entire region.

ActiveCell.CurrentRegion.Select

You can use something like this

LastRow = Range("A" & rows.count).end(xlup).Row
LastCol = Cells(1,columns.count).end(xltoleft).Column
set MyRange = Range("A1",cells(LastRow,LastCol))

Rows.Count is a constant that is equal to the last row on the worksheet.
For excel 2003 = 65536. So LastRow goes to Row 65536 and searches up the
worksheet until excel finds a non-blank cell.

Likewise, LastCol goes to column 256 and moves left until it finds a
non-blank cell.

"doss04" wrote:

Trying to use the right term for what i'm looking for. I dont think i have it
right. I have a group of cells and columns with individual information.
Example below. I thought it was a range of cells or am i looking for a term
not there?

A B C D E F G H I J
1
2
3
4
5
6 space space space space
7
8
9
and so on.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are several terms that might be appropriate. A "Cell" is a
single cell, the intersection of a row and column. A "Range" is one or
more cells. An "Area" is a Range that is rectangular. Typically, a
Range has one Area, but this is not necessarily so. You can select a
Range that has several Areas by holding down the CTRL key when
selecting the cells.. The "CurrentRegion" of a Cell is the region that
includes the Cell and is bounded on all sides entirely by blank cells
or by the edge of the worksheet. "CurrentArray" refers to a Range that
is grouped together via an array formula that returns multiple cells
as its result. "Selection" refers to the Range(s) of cells that are
presently selected. (Technically "Selection" can refer to other types
of things, such as Shapes, but that is irrelevant here.) All of these
things refer to cells on a single worksheet. No flavor or a Range can
include cells on multiple worksheets.

By far, the term "Range" is the broadest and most widely used, and in
general parlance means simply "some cells on the worksheet".

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP
Excel Product Group