-   -   Conditional Formating Help Needed. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/211015-conditional-formating-help-needed.html)

doss04

Conditional Formating Help Needed.

I have a drop down box with 23 names. I want to group them into 3 groups of
color. How can i write multiple names in the format box?

muddan madhu

Conditional Formating Help Needed.

assumed you have names in Col A, cell B2 you have dropdown list of 23
names

make three groups like

First 8 names define it as "one"
next 8 names define it as "two"
last 7 names define it as "three"

Now go to format | conditional format | condition 1 : formula is :
=MATCH(B2,one,0)=1 | choose the color | ok

similarly for condition 2 =MATCH(B2,two,0)=1

conditon 3 =MATCH(B2,three,0)=1

On Nov 20, 12:05*pm, doss04 wrote:
I have a drop down box with 23 names. I want to group them into 3 groups of
color. How can i write multiple names in the format box?

doss04

Conditional Formating Help Needed.

Thanks for your quick reply. Where do i define the names at? In the column
the list was created? Still learning Excel.

"muddan madhu" wrote:

assumed you have names in Col A, cell B2 you have dropdown list of 23
names

make three groups like

First 8 names define it as "one"
next 8 names define it as "two"
last 7 names define it as "three"

Now go to format | conditional format | condition 1 : formula is :
=MATCH(B2,one,0)=1 | choose the color | ok

similarly for condition 2 =MATCH(B2,two,0)=1

conditon 3 =MATCH(B2,three,0)=1

On Nov 20, 12:05 pm, doss04 wrote:
I have a drop down box with 23 names. I want to group them into 3 groups of
color. How can i write multiple names in the format box?

muddan madhu

Conditional Formating Help Needed.

Go to insert | names | define | names in workbook : one | refer to :
A2:A9 ( where you have the names ) | ok

similarly for two & three after define the names then use the
conditonal formatting for the cell where you have the drop down list.

"muddan madhu" wrote:
assumed you have names in Col A, *cell B2 you have dropdown list of 23
names

make three groups like

First 8 names define it as "one"
next 8 names define it as "two"
last 7 names define it as "three"

Now go to format | conditional format | condition 1 : formula is :
=MATCH(B2,one,0)=1 | choose the color | ok

similarly for condition 2 =MATCH(B2,two,0)=1

conditon 3 =MATCH(B2,three,0)=1

On Nov 20, 12:05 pm, doss04 wrote:
I have a drop down box with 23 names. I want to group them into 3 groups of
color. How can i write multiple names in the format box?- Hide quoted text -