Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Saves worksheet as copy

After upgrading from Office 05 to 07, our worksheets can only be saved as
copies. We end up with multiple copies since everytime we make a change
Excel will not save the changes, only wants to create a copy. I am assuming
it has something to do with compatability.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Bead" wrote:

After upgrading from Office 05 to 07, our worksheets can only be saved as
copies. We end up with multiple copies since everytime we make a change
Excel will not save the changes, only wants to create a copy. I am assuming
it has something to do with compatability.

There's indeed a compatability challenge in switching to 07 from an older
version. But to limit this pain, click on the windows ICON (Office Button) on
your menu bar and save the file as 97-2003 version, and ensure you keep the
exact name of the file (delete any "copy of" if any is added)