Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default changing values

I imoprted my iTunes music library into a spreadsheet. There is a column
named Size. It should show a number like 3.4MB, but I have at the least a 7
digit number, or a number refering to KB's. Is there a way to change the 7
digit no. to 2 digit one decimal pt. no.?Also the time shows as a 3 or 4
digit no. and I can't change all of them without changing to 0:00. Thanks for
any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

have you tried to select the ranges you are talking about right click
format cells Numbers decimal places set it to 2 and press ok?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

if you divide the 7 digit number by 1024, you will get the result in Kb's
(kilobytes) and if you divide the number with 1048576 (1024 * 1024 ) you
will get the result in Mb's (megabytes)

also, format the cells which shows numbers instead of time to say, hh:mm
AM/PM, then the numbers will convert to time.

--
Kind Regards,
Satti Charvak