Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I WANT TO MAKE A SHIFT ROSTER FOR 5 PEOPLE. HOW CAN I DO THAT?

I need to roster 5 people at work over 7 days and from 12 noon to 3am daily.
I also want the dates to be continuous from week to week so that i don't have
to re-type them. I want to be able to change the times at random and enter
messages. I want their names down the left side, the dates across the top and
the times inbetween where the two meet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Laney,
If I understand you correctly:
In Column A-Cell 1 "Date"
In Column A-Cell 2 format cell As 03/14/01
In Columns B-Cell 3 thru Column H-Cell 3
format cell As 03/14/01
In Cell B3 "=A2"
in Cell C3 "=B3+1"
in Cell D3 "=C3+1"
Copy and paste across to and including Cell H3
In Cell A4 thru A8 List Names (one per cell)
Once that is Done, SaveAs "Schedule.xlt" and select "Template"
This way when you change the date in Cell A2 all the other dates will change.
You can save each schedule as Schedule 11/16/08.xls"
and still have your template.

hth