Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell shading behavior not understood.

I have a worksheet I inherited from someone that I am modifying. They took
this format from somewhere and don't understand the nuances of it. The area
that is being used for data is white surrounded by the rest of the sheet that
is dark green. When I cut cells and paste them somehere else, the cut cells
become green. I need to use the format painter to restore them to white.

What is causing the cut cells to take on the color that is the same as the
surrounding cells. I'm thinking that this sheet has some 'background' color
set or something but I can't find out how.

Thanks for any pointers,
John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Copy and paste will copy the background colour so use copy (CTRL+c)

then

edit|Paste special
select either values or formulas
OK