Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formula to look at current date and markdown date to give price

Hi there, I need help. i want a formula under the CURR PRICE to show the
price by looking at the Markdown (MD To) to decide if it should be the price
from PRICE or MD PRICE to appear in CURR PRICE by today's date so since today
is November 13 i want the prices to appear as below under CURR PRICE. I hope
i havent confused anyone. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you in advance for helping me.

PRICE MD FROM MD TO MD PRICE CURR PRICE
10.00 11/01/08 11/05/08 5.00 10.00
20.00 10/20/08 11/23/08 10.00 10.00
50.00 11/12/08 11/23/08 30.00 30.00
70.00 10/20/08 11/01/08 60.00 70.00

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Well i'm confused!!

PRICE MD FROM MD TO MD PRICE CURR PRICE
10.00 11/01/08 11/05/08 5.00 10.00
20.00 10/20/08 11/23/08 10.00 10.00

Why is 10.00 the correct answer in each case and when we undestand that a
formula may be possible.

Mike

"veena" wrote:

Hi there, I need help. i want a formula under the CURR PRICE to show the
price by looking at the Markdown (MD To) to decide if it should be the price
from PRICE or MD PRICE to appear in CURR PRICE by today's date so since today
is November 13 i want the prices to appear as below under CURR PRICE. I hope
i havent confused anyone. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you in advance for helping me.

PRICE MD FROM MD TO MD PRICE CURR PRICE
10.00 11/01/08 11/05/08 5.00 10.00
20.00 10/20/08 11/23/08 10.00 10.00
50.00 11/12/08 11/23/08 30.00 30.00
70.00 10/20/08 11/01/08 60.00 70.00

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

=IF(TODAY()C2,A2,D2)

Copy down as needed

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"veena" wrote in message
Hi there, I need help. i want a formula under the CURR PRICE to show the
price by looking at the Markdown (MD To) to decide if it should be the
price
from PRICE or MD PRICE to appear in CURR PRICE by today's date so since
today
is November 13 i want the prices to appear as below under CURR PRICE. I
hope
i havent confused anyone. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you in advance for helping me.

PRICE MD FROM MD TO MD PRICE CURR PRICE
10.00 11/01/08 11/05/08 5.00 10.00
20.00 10/20/08 11/23/08 10.00 10.00
50.00 11/12/08 11/23/08 30.00 30.00
70.00 10/20/08 11/01/08 60.00 70.00

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formula to look at current date and markdown date to give pric

Hi there,
i havent tried it yet but is there somewhere i have to put today's date
before i put in the formula. thanks
veena

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(TODAY()C2,A2,D2)

Copy down as needed

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"veena" wrote in message
Hi there, I need help. i want a formula under the CURR PRICE to show the
price by looking at the Markdown (MD To) to decide if it should be the
price
from PRICE or MD PRICE to appear in CURR PRICE by today's date so since
today
is November 13 i want the prices to appear as below under CURR PRICE. I
hope
i havent confused anyone. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you in advance for helping me.

PRICE MD FROM MD TO MD PRICE CURR PRICE
10.00 11/01/08 11/05/08 5.00 10.00
20.00 10/20/08 11/23/08 10.00 10.00