Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Consolidate multiple sheets (latest entry only)

Hi,
I would like to create a summary sheet that shows the latest results from a
seperate workbook.

The setup is:
workbook 1 has 4 tabs, sheet 1, sheet 2, sheet 3, sheet 4.
each tab is setup exactly the same along row 1 and down column A. (Same
titles, etc)
within the tabs, we mark our findings with a yes or a no. Yes = the cell
turns green, no = the field turns red.
Every cell on each tab wil NOT be filled in.
what we want to do is have a second workbook that collects the latest result
for each field from workbook 1 and then copies that to workbook 2 sheet.

Example:
(I hope the spacing works out OK)
Workbook 1
Sheet 1
A B C D E
red yellow green blue
apples Yes no
oranges Yes Yes No
mangos Yes No

Workbook 1
Sheet 2
A B C D E
red yellow green blue
apples no Yes Yes
oranges Yes No
mangos Yes

etc

Now from the above (sheet 1 and sheet 2) the results should be
Workbook 2 (the summary sheet if you like)
Sheet 1
A B C D E
red yellow green blue
apples Yes no Yes Yes
oranges Yes No No
mangos Yes Yes

Note: We will be adding extra sheets as we go along so it would be ideal if
the formula could find out how many sheets there are and check them all.

I will appreciate any advice.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I guess the first question would be how do you come up with the result on
the summary page:
Yes+Yes =Yes
Yes+blank=Yes
No+No =No