-   -   How do I begin value with the number zero? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/210111-how-do-i-begin-value-number-zero.html)

sportsandspeed

How do I begin value with the number zero?

Dumb question, but how do I begin a cell value with the number zero? I've
tried changing the cell format to text and that didn't work. I also tried
putting a ' in fornt and that worked until I closed the file and reopened it.
After reopening, the zero was missing again. By the way, I'm using Excell
2003.

John C[_2_]

How do I begin value with the number zero?

Ensure Zero values is checked. Go to Tools|Options, View tab.
--
** John C **
Please remember if your question is answered, to mark it answered :). It

"sportsandspeed" wrote:

Dumb question, but how do I begin a cell value with the number zero? I've
tried changing the cell format to text and that didn't work. I also tried
putting a ' in fornt and that worked until I closed the file and reopened it.
After reopening, the zero was missing again. By the way, I'm using Excell
2003.

Joerg Mochikun

How do I begin value with the number zero?

Maybe Format|Cells|Custom, then try '000' (without quotes) for 3 digit
numbers