Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need formula help

I am trying to calculate union hours on a time sheet and sum total hours,
straight time and then over time all separate. Straight time is based on 8
hours per day instead of 40 hours per week. I've tried an "if" that says if
the range (being mon-fri) is less than or equal to 8, then sum the range.
The problem is that doesn't take into account the days that are over 8 and
does not include those 8 hours. What formula am I missing that says to
include those 8 hours in the sum and then calculate the number of hours that
are over 8? Thanks!
--
Gracie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
What about the days that you have more than 8 hs, do you pay overtime?
Could you send an example of what you have and what you whant to achieve

"Graciegirl" wrote:

I am trying to calculate union hours on a time sheet and sum total hours,
straight time and then over time all separate. Straight time is based on 8
hours per day instead of 40 hours per week. I've tried an "if" that says if
the range (being mon-fri) is less than or equal to 8, then sum the range.
The problem is that doesn't take into account the days that are over 8 and
does not include those 8 hours. What formula am I missing that says to
include those 8 hours in the sum and then calculate the number of hours that
are over 8? Thanks!
--
Gracie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just write as a messagge like
MON TUE WED etc Total
8 10 7.5 xxxx

And then let me know what you would like to achieve