Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lookup and count

I have done this before a long time ago and now can't remember how to do it.
Problem with old age and not staying in practice.

I want to look up items in column A and count items that match from column B.
A B
1 test1 new
2 test1 new
3 test2 old
4 test1 new
5 test2 old

The result I am looking for is 3 new and 2 old.