Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Deleted info still prints out

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can tell me why my spreadsheet is acting crazy??!!

When I delete all the info in several adjacent cells and hit save, the info
still shows when I go to print preview. And it prints with all the deleted
info!!??! There are cells that are linked to other workbooks, but if I close
the file out and tell it not to update when I open it, the deleted info is
still there!........Help! Is there a setting causing this??
--
smither fan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd guess that you're not printing what you wanted/expected to print and that
you're not opening the file that you really wanted to open (the one that was
just saved and closed).

Ross wrote:

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can tell me why my spreadsheet is acting crazy??!!

When I delete all the info in several adjacent cells and hit save, the info
still shows when I go to print preview. And it prints with all the deleted
info!!??! There are cells that are linked to other workbooks, but if I close
the file out and tell it not to update when I open it, the deleted info is
still there!........Help! Is there a setting causing this??
--
smither fan

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

FYI-I think the answer has been found. It's under Tools-Options-Calculation.
Unchecking "Save external link values" seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks to both Daniel C. and Dave Peterson for taking a shot at it and
replying so quickly. I was having trouble getting on the net last week, or I
would have replied to you both sooner.
--
smither fan