Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Percentage - How silly I feel asking this question !!!

Now I know this seems an easy question but I have completely lost it...

All I want to do is take a number and take away a percentage..ie:

A B C
2.09 - 10% = 1.88

What should the formula for C be ??? Cell B is set as a percentage and can
not be changed....

This should be so easy but I am finding it very hard...I think I am all
excel'd out today...

Please help

Regards

Mark
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

B1-B1*C1
--
Regards
Warren

If this helps please click the Yes button.

"Mark Allen" wrote:

Now I know this seems an easy question but I have completely lost it...

All I want to do is take a number and take away a percentage..ie:

A B C
2.09 - 10% = 1.88

What should the formula for C be ??? Cell B is set as a percentage and can
not be changed....

This should be so easy but I am finding it very hard...I think I am all
excel'd out today...

Please help

Regards

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Actually, the OP indicates that B is the percentage, and the result should be
in C, so assuming A has the initial value...

C1: =A1-A1*B1
--
** John C **

"Warren Easton" wrote: