Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default R1C1 Reference Style Default

My worksheets are coming up with numbers for the column names as a default. I
know how to change them back to letters but can't seem to fiqure out how to
change them back to be defaulted to letters. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Randy;
Go Tools/Options/General..
Here you will see checked the R1C1 option; it is the first option here.
Uncheck it. This should do it.

Argy

"Randy Stewart" wrote:

My worksheets are coming up with numbers for the column names as a default. I
know how to change them back to letters but can't seem to fiqure out how to
change them back to be defaulted to letters. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Tools Options General
Clear R1C1 reference style

HTH
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel uses whatever the first workbook opened in that session uses. If you're
unlucky enough to open a workbook that's in R1C1 reference style as the first
workbook, you'll have to toggle this setting again.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nope.

If you save a workbook in A1 reference style and then make sure you open that
first, you'll be in A1 reference style.

Remember to check your personal.xls workbook, too. Maybe that one is opening
first and screwing up your plans.

Randy Stewart wrote:

My worksheets are coming up with numbers for the column names as a default. I
know how to change them back to letters but can't seem to fiqure out how to
change them back to be defaulted to letters. Any ideas?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hi Randy;Go Tools/Options/General..

This does not work in Excel 2010. The formula format reverts to A1 style if a spreadsheet is opened and will not go bak to R1C1 unless the formuka is changed in the Options menu.

I would like to have Excel change, as the default, all formulas to R1C1. How can this be done in Excel 2010?

Pat

Randy Stewart wrote:

--

Dave Peterson

On Tuesday, November 11, 2008 12:03 PM RandyStewar wrote:

When I open Excel it always opens with R1C1 reference style so every time I
use Excel I need to change it back. Isn't there a way to change the default
setting?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

On Wednesday, November 12, 2008 3:13 AM Carim wrote:

Hi,

Tools Options General
Clear R1C1 reference style

HTH