Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default File search task pane

I am often frustrated by the smallish size of the File Seach Task Pane. Is
it possible to increase the size and configure how files are displayed?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What File Search Task Pane in Excel might you be referring to?

Linden wrote:

I am often frustrated by the smallish size of the File Seach Task Pane. Is
it possible to increase the size and configure how files are displayed?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Bob I for replying. The Task Pane is the one that appears from the
File Open command.

Regards

Linden wrote:

I am often frustrated by the smallish size of the File Seach Task Pane. Is
it possible to increase the size and configure how files are displayed?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have Excel 2007, so there isn't one, but perhaps if you double click
the Titlebar you will have enough room. And R-clicking in the "file
area" will give you display options.