Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Find and Replace

We are trying to find and replace cells with currency format. It will not
show the selection "values" in the "Look In" drop down menu. Are we not able
to find and replace currency values in Excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This can easily be done with a macro.

What the specific find/replace requirements?
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200812

"Feather 52" wrote:

We are trying to find and replace cells with currency format. It will not
show the selection "values" in the "Look In" drop down menu. Are we not able
to find and replace currency values in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Why not just format the cells with a different format? What format do you
want in place of currency?

If what you are trying to do is a mass change of formats, you can do that
with the Replace dialog box.

1. Select the range you want to work with.
2. Press Ctrl+H and click Options
3. Remove any entries in the Find what and Replace with boxes
4. Click the top Format button and on the Number tab find the format you
want to replace.
Note there is an option at the bottom of the Find Format dialog box called
Choose Format from Cell, click it and you can "pick up" the format from a
cell.
Come back to the Find and Replace box
3. Click the bottom Format button and pick the desired format.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Feather 52" wrote:

We are trying to find and replace cells with currency format. It will not
show the selection "values" in the "Look In" drop down menu. Are we not able
to find and replace currency values in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I didn't state my question clearly. We have a spreadsheet that shows sales
dollars. We are trying to find and replace one amount with another amount,
but in the Find and Replace function, it won't do it. It says that what we
are looking for cannot be found. So, we were wondering if Find and Replace
simply won't let us replace numbers in currency format or any numeric, or
will it only replace text?

"Feather 52" wrote:

We are trying to find and replace cells with currency format. It will not
show the selection "values" in the "Look In" drop down menu. Are we not able
to find and replace currency values in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It worked in my minor testing.

Are you sure that the number format of the cell didn't hide the real value?

If you had 345.678 in a cell and it was formatted as currency, you'd see
$ 345.68 and you won't find 345.68 in that cell.

You may want to format the cell in a different format so that you're not hiding
the real value, then do the edit|replace, then change the format back.

"Feather 52" wrote:

We are trying to find and replace cells with currency format. It will not
show the selection "values" in the "Look In" drop down menu. Are we not able
to find and replace currency values in Excel?

--

Dave Peterson