Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default PIVOT TABLE

Here is the issue I am running in to when building a pivot table in Excel
2007 off of an Access Database Query.

I have a large text file that I import into Access 2007. I then build a
query to pull a certain set of results out of the text file. Within the
query I have built items to use the like expression.
I then am building a pivot table in Excel 2007 off of that query. However,
it appears that my Pivot table is not able to read the "Like" Expression.
Is there any reason for this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Is you Where clause in a query or in code. Can you show me the Where clause
so I can test.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"nazzoli" wrote:

Here is the issue I am running in to when building a pivot table in Excel
2007 off of an Access Database Query.

I have a large text file that I import into Access 2007. I then build a
query to pull a certain set of results out of the text file. Within the
query I have built items to use the like expression.
I then am building a pivot table in Excel 2007 off of that query. However,
it appears that my Pivot table is not able to read the "Like" Expression.
Is there any reason for this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is one example using it in an expression to populate fields:IIf([Ref #]
Like "*SOM*","SOM","Not SOM") AS [SOM?]

And here is one using a where clause
WHERE ((([BJEFOR].[DTE REF])=#1/1/2007#) AND (([BJEFOR].[STATUS]) Like
"DIS*" Or ([BJEFOR].[STATUS]) Like "DI*"))

In both instances I am unable to build a pivot table in excel off of those
because the pivot table is bringing back 0 lines of data.

"nazzoli" wrote:

Here is the issue I am running in to when building a pivot table in Excel
2007 off of an Access Database Query.

I have a large text file that I import into Access 2007. I then build a
query to pull a certain set of results out of the text file. Within the
query I have built items to use the like expression.
I then am building a pivot table in Excel 2007 off of that query. However,
it appears that my Pivot table is not able to read the "Like" Expression.
Is there any reason for this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I can't tell for sure but it looks like these clauses are located on the
server side? Not in Excel's VBA area? Or are they in MS Query?

I'm not even sure I understand the first one - in Excel I think we would
right the first one as Like "*SOM*"

I'm not sure what the additional arguments mean and I don't think Excel
would use them. What is it supposed to do?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire