Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GD GD is offline

Default Column tags no longer letters?!

Ok, strange one. I produced a document recently which I periodically check on
for accuracy etc. I've opened it up today and for some odd reason the column
labels are no longer 'A' B' 'C' etc but are numbered in the same manner as
the row labels. Also, cell references are changed - for example what would be
cell A1 is now R1C1!?

I'm not sure if this has been changed by someone else or not, but it's
making my monthly upkeep almost impossible! Any thoughts?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Tools|Options - general tab and un-check R1C1

This happens if the first workbook you open in a session uses r1C1

Mike

"GD" wrote:

Ok, strange one. I produced a document recently which I periodically check on
for accuracy etc. I've opened it up today and for some odd reason the column
labels are no longer 'A' B' 'C' etc but are numbered in the same manner as
the row labels. Also, cell references are changed - for example what would be
cell A1 is now R1C1!?

I'm not sure if this has been changed by someone else or not, but it's
making my monthly upkeep almost impossible! Any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ttry

Tools|Options - general tab and uncheck R1C1

Mike