Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data validation in Excel 2007

Hi,

Not sure what you mean, by default Excel handles the structure references
and they automatically expand and contract as the structure of the table
changes. You can still use old fashioned dynamic range names.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Aeronav" wrote:

Hey,
In Excel 2002 I could create a dynamic name
=DECALER(Feuil1!$A$1;;;NBVAL($A:$A)-1;1)
to cover a list of data used for setting validation rules.
In Excel 2007 I tried to use the new "structured references" for the same
purpose, but Excel refuses, saying that there is an error in my formula.
For example : =Tableau1[ [#donnes] ; [Produit] ] which works well for
formulas in cells ( french version needs a semi-colon for separator) is not
accepted in the validation dialog box.
Is it impossible ? and I will stay with dynamic names, or is there a way to
turn around this ?
Thanks
Bern.