Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Save Excel spread sheet

I am trying to save excel spread sheet and it won't let me save it. error
comes up and says can't save marked for read only. How do I change that? I
want to move some old files to disc on D drive and free up some space

Kinda new
Wayne
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Someone has set this workbook as read only recommended and this is set in
Tools|Options Secirity tab which you can change. If it's opened as read only
you can save but must choose an new filename.

Another possibility is that the workbook has been made read only in Windows
Explorer and if it has you must change this buy finding the file right
clicking and selecting 'Propreties' and changing the attributes.

Mike

"Wayne" wrote:

I am trying to save excel spread sheet and it won't let me save it. error
comes up and says can't save marked for read only. How do I change that? I
want to move some old files to disc on D drive and free up some space

Kinda new
Wayne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mke
thanks for the advice. I checked the options on the file and it is set to ok
(not read only) and I got into the Tools/options/ security tab but am not
sure which one to change or enable any advice

Wayne

"Wayne" wrote:

I am trying to save excel spread sheet and it won't let me save it. error
comes up and says can't save marked for read only. How do I change that? I
want to move some old files to disc on D drive and free up some space

Kinda new
Wayne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check your other post.

Pete

"Wayne" wrote:

I am trying to save excel spread sheet and it won't let me save it. error
comes up and says can't save marked for read only. How do I change that? I
want to move some old files to disc on D drive and free up some space

Kinda new
Wayne- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click on this link: