tkacoo

Default If formula with 12 conditions

I have a date column and I want another column to sort only by the month of
the date column. So I want column B to look at column A and only read the
month - then translate it to a number.
If the first 2 numbers in (a2=01 then b3=1 , or a2=02 then b3=2, or a2=03
then b3=3.... ect)
Can this be done?

Hi
You could try something like
=TEXT(A2,"mm")
in B3.
Or simply
=MONTH(A2)

--
Andy.

"tkacoo" wrote in message
I have a date column and I want another column to sort only by the month of
the date column. So I want column B to look at column A and only read the
month - then translate it to a number.
If the first 2 numbers in (a2=01 then b3=1 , or a2=02 then b3=2, or a2=03
then b3=3.... ect)
Can this be done?

Thanks for the feedback! Glad to help.

--
Andy.

"tkacoo" wrote in message
Thank you... you are awesome!!!!
used =MONTH(A2)
Worked perfect!!!

"tkacoo" wrote in message
I have a date column and I want another column to sort only by the month
of
the date column. So I want column B to look at column A and only read
the
month - then translate it to a number.
If the first 2 numbers in (a2=01 then b3=1 , or a2=02 then b3=2, or
a2=03
then b3=3.... ect)
Can this be done?

tkacoo

Hope your still here... I have one more condition...
If the A2 is blank, b3 should be blank ...

"Andy B" wrote:

Thanks for the feedback! Glad to help.

--
Andy.

"tkacoo" wrote in message
Thank you... you are awesome!!!!
used =MONTH(A2)
Worked perfect!!!

"tkacoo" wrote in message
I have a date column and I want another column to sort only by the month
of
the date column. So I want column B to look at column A and only read
the
month - then translate it to a number.
If the first 2 numbers in (a2=01 then b3=1 , or a2=02 then b3=2, or
a2=03
then b3=3.... ect)
Can this be done?

Hi