Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default creating Yes,No

i have a column on my sheet and i have been asked to confine entries to that
column as yes or no, it could also be tardy or absent, any idea of how am to
do this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use a Data Validation pull-down
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200812

"Amin" wrote:

i have a column on my sheet and i have been asked to confine entries to that
column as yes or no, it could also be tardy or absent, any idea of how am to
do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

A little more detail -

1. Select the range you want to control (I will assume B1:B100)
2. Choose Data, Validation,
3. From the Allow list pick Custom
4. In the Formula area enter the following:
=OR(B1="Yes",B1="No",B1="Tardy",B1="Absent")

======
0. Enter the possible choices in a range, (here I will use D1:D4)
1 and 2 as above.
3b. From the Allow list pick List
4a. In the Source box enter
=$D$1:$D$4

You could also type the list into the Source box but that is a less
efficient method. In fact this second method is the method of choice.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Amin" wrote:

i have a column on my sheet and i have been asked to confine entries to that
column as yes or no, it could also be tardy or absent, any idea of how am to
do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another one using data validaion

Select the range of cells where you want to restrict the input.
Goto the menu DataValidation
Allow: List
As the Source, type in the allowable entries separated by a comma:

Yes,No,Tardy,Absent

Uncheck: In-cell dropdown
OK

--