Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Bold in Sub total

Is there any short cut to high light in bold the sub total after the subtotal
exercise.
Your advise is important, thank you very much.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could use format|conditional formatting.

Say your labels look like "header Total" are in column A.
Select the range to format (say A2:Z99)
And with the activecell A2:
Format|conditional formatting
Formula is: =COUNTIF($A2,"*total")0
and give it a nice format.

The $A means that excel will look at that column for the "Total" indicator.
Change that if you used Average, count, or ....

========
Another way...

Use the outlining symbols to the left to hide the details
Select the range to format
Edit|goto|special|Visible cells only
And format the visible cells the way you like.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Suppose the word Subtotal appears in column A and you want to bold the
corresponding cells in columns B:D (you could include A if you want):

1. Highlight the range you want to format, here say B1:D100
2. Choose Format, Conditional Formatting
3. From the first drop down chooose Formula is
4. In the next box enter the formula
=$A1="Subtotal"
5. Click the Format button and on the Font tab click Bold under Font Style.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

Unknown User wrote:

Is there any short cut to high light in bold the sub total after the subtotal
exercise.
Your advise is important, thank you very much.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

To add a little more flexibility to my previous example, suppose that the
word "Subtotal" with other text - Subtotal Jan or January Subtotal, then try
something like this as the formula

=FIND("Subtotal",$A1)0

If this helps, please click the yes button.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

Unknown User wrote:

Is there any short cut to high light in bold the sub total after the subtotal
exercise.
Your advise is important, thank you very much.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I only want to hight the subtotal rows, not to includes the drop down rows.
Is there any shortcut to highlighted in Bold instead of select it one by one
not to impact on the others rows.

Unknown User wrote:

Is there any short cut to high light in bold the sub total after the subtotal
exercise.
Your advise is important, thank you very much.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is an example, I just only want to highlight in BOLD in column C & D and
row 10,20,30,40,50 as all these rows here are Sub totals of UK and USD per
columns C and D respectively. Amounts in subtotal lines. To see detailed line
items, expand the + sign on the left hand side of spreadsheet.

Column A Column B Column C
Column D
A B UK USD
Row 10 8022710 TOTAL 8022710001 8.41 162.00
Row 20 8022710 TOTAL 8022710001 14.93 10.42
Row 30 8022710 TOTAL 8022710001 0.65 0.46
Row 40 8022710 TOTAL 8022710001 7,359.72 5,125.90
Row 50 8022710 TOTAL 8022710001 5,500.00 3,916.28

Unknown User wrote:

Is there any short cut to high light in bold the sub total after the subtotal
exercise.
Your advise is important, thank you very much.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've never seen one.