Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default fill all rows in sprdsht with data above it

I need to sort data within a worksheet that had a merged cell on the left
(ship ID #) which applied to several products on that shipment to the right.
Each product is it's own cell. I need to Un-merge the Ship ID# cell and have
that ship ID # entered on every product line so that I can sort it by
product, yet have the ship id # follow the sorted data.
Rather than copy/paste or fill every blank below the ship ID # (there are
hundreds), what's the easiest way to auto fill blank cells below it with the
ship ID # and recognize a new ship id# when it comes to it.
(SHIP ID is not the only merge cell that I need to do this with, but if I
can figure that out, I can apply it to the rest of the sprdsht) Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Highlight the column that has the blanks, press F5, Special, Blanks.
Type = press the Up Arrow key once, and hold down the Ctrl key and press
Enter.
Done!

Select this column of data and copy, and paste special, values.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire