help me

Default subtracting 30 days from any date.

I would llike to enter a date in one cell and have the next cell calcuate
what the date would have been 30 days before that date,

example

cell A! would have the date of 10/31/04

cell B1 would calculate 30 days before, so it would read 10/01/04
R.VENKATARAMAN

cell d5 entry is 12/17/04
in D6 type
=D5-30