Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Column header format

How can I change the column headers from numbers to letters? Instead of rows
labeled as numbers and columns as letters, they are both numbers. EXCEL 2003.

Thanks for the help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click on Tools | Options | General tab and unclick R1C1 Reference
Style, then OK.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 7, 7:12*pm, b_wildman
wrote:
How can I change the column headers from numbers to letters? Instead of rows
labeled as numbers and columns as letters, they are both numbers. EXCEL 2003.

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Go to menu Tools|Options, General tab, uncheck R1C1 reference styles.
--
** John C **
Please remember if your question is answered, to mark it answered :). It

"b_wildman" wrote:

How can I change the column headers from numbers to letters? Instead of rows
labeled as numbers and columns as letters, they are both numbers. EXCEL 2003.

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Go to Tools Options. Pick the General Tab. The first box in the settings
section will be checked ("R1C1 reference style"). Uncheck this box. Click OK.
Your problem should be solved.

"b_wildman" wrote:

How can I change the column headers from numbers to letters? Instead of rows
labeled as numbers and columns as letters, they are both numbers. EXCEL 2003.

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi John -- any advice on how to change the column labels back to letter in
Excel 2007? I can't find the Tools/Options, general Tab you referenced below
for Excel 2003. Any advice would be appreciated!

Lynn

"b_wildman" wrote:

How can I change the column headers from numbers to letters? Instead of rows
labeled as numbers and columns as letters, they are both numbers. EXCEL 2003.

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Excel 2007:

Office buttonExcel OptionsFormulasWorking with formulasuncheck R1C1
reference styleOK

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP