Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
m m is offline

Default Removal of cell objects

Removal of cell objects
How do I remove a picture from multiple cells?
For example : The arrow placed to one side of a cell to indicate the
something about the data the cell contained. Selecting it indicates it is a
"picture" that can be individually formatted or copied or deleted
individually.

BUT: I have not been able to remove it by deleting the column or clearing
the contents of a selected range of cells. For example when I delete a column
of cells containing the offending objects €“ they remain in place, they remain
behind when I move the data the cell originally contained to another column.
Again, I can select each "picture" and delete each individually but would
like to delete these objects from a range of cells.

This has been a continuing "headache"
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about this tiny macro:

Sub picgone()
ActiveSheet.Pictures.Delete
End Sub

it will remove all picture on a sheet.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200812

"M" wrote:

Removal of cell objects
How do I remove a picture from multiple cells?
For example : The arrow placed to one side of a cell to indicate the
something about the data the cell contained. Selecting it indicates it is a
"picture" that can be individually formatted or copied or deleted
individually.

BUT: I have not been able to remove it by deleting the column or clearing
the contents of a selected range of cells. For example when I delete a column
of cells containing the offending objects €“ they remain in place, they remain
behind when I move the data the cell originally contained to another column.
Again, I can select each "picture" and delete each individually but would
like to delete these objects from a range of cells.

This has been a continuing "headache"
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
m m is offline

To: "Gary''s Student"
IT WORKED !!!!
Like Magic - This has pestered me for year(s) - finally got to me so I asked -
Thanks Again :-) What if I wanted to have it apply only to a selection
within an active sheet - yes I am just now learning a bit of VBA

Thanks AGAIN

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What you are asking for is a little difficult.

You see, the pictures do not "live" in cells. They "float" above the cells.
That's why you can move them around the worksheet.

However each Picture has a set of properties like Left, Top, etc. that
define the size of the picture and where it is.

We would have to create a macro to loop over each picture and decide if it
should be deleted or not based upon its position
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200812

"M" wrote:

To: "Gary''s Student"
IT WORKED !!!!
Like Magic - This has pestered me for year(s) - finally got to me so I asked -
Thanks Again :-) What if I wanted to have it apply only to a selection
within an active sheet - yes I am just now learning a bit of VBA

Thanks AGAIN

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
m m is offline

AGAIN "Gary''s Student"
Thanks, I have Experienced this "FLOATTING" above the worksheet and always
wondered about it-
Some day, I might like to add "positioned" pictures to cells for visual
inpact but I am not there yet.
Thanks Gary''s Student

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have a good weekend!