Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default counting the number or months between two dates.

How do I count the number of months between two dates.
--
Lisa M.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=DATEDIF(A1,A2,"ym")
--
** John C **
Please remember if your question is answered, to mark it answered :). It

"Lisa" wrote:

How do I count the number of months between two dates.
--
Lisa M.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok Maybe I did something wrong.

I used =DATEDIF(A1,A2,"ym")
with A1 as 4/30/2007
and A2 as 11/30/2008
result was 7

????????
--
Lisa M.

"John C" wrote:

=DATEDIF(A1,A2,"ym")
--

"Lisa" wrote:

How do I count the number of months between two dates.
--
Lisa M.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you want months only,use "m" instead of "ym"
"ym" is used when you strip off the year

y = year
ym = months after year(s) is removed
m = months
md = days after months have been stripped off
d = days but you might was well use end-start on that one

Peo Sjoblom

"Lisa" wrote in message
Ok Maybe I did something wrong.

I used =DATEDIF(A1,A2,"ym")
with A1 as 4/30/2007
and A2 as 11/30/2008
result was 7

????????
--
Lisa M.

"John C" wrote:

=DATEDIF(A1,A2,"ym")
--

"Lisa" wrote:

How do I count the number of months between two dates.
--
Lisa M.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 13:30:06 -0800, Lisa wrote:

Ok Maybe I did something wrong.

I used =DATEDIF(A1,A2,"ym")
with A1 as 4/30/2007
and A2 as 11/30/2008
result was 7

Try:

=DATEDIF(A1,A2,"m")
--ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

my bad, sorry, I am so used to typing "ym" that i was on autopilot. See the
other 2 posts for corrections :)
--
** John C **

"Lisa" wrote: