Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Footer

In Excel I have many tabs and each one of those workbooks I have the date in
the footer. I want to have all the dates tied together so I tried entering a
formula like =Tests!A104 where Tests is a tab and in A104 I entered 5
November 2008. This is not working for me. How do I get all the Dates in the
footers to be the same as a date that I choose?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I believe the only way is to use VBA using code similar to the following;

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftFooter = Range("a1").Value
End Sub

OR

Sub UpdateHeader()
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.Leftheader = Range("A1").Value
End Sub

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/273028

"Fuzzy" wrote:

In Excel I have many tabs and each one of those workbooks I have the date in
the footer. I want to have all the dates tied together so I tried entering a
formula like =Tests!A104 where Tests is a tab and in A104 I entered 5
November 2008. This is not working for me. How do I get all the Dates in the
footers to be the same as a date that I choose?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For footers on all sheets...............

Sub Cell_In_AllFooters()
Dim ws As Worksheet
For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
ws.PageSetup.CenterFooter = Sheets("Tests").Range("A104").Value
Next
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 13:17:02 -0800, Fuzzy
wrote:

In Excel I have many tabs and each one of those workbooks I have the date in
the footer. I want to have all the dates tied together so I tried entering a
formula like =Tests!A104 where Tests is a tab and in A104 I entered 5
November 2008. This is not working for me. How do I get all the Dates in the
footers to be the same as a date that I choose?

Excel footer to look like Word footer? Carole O Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 June 2nd 08 11:25 PM
& in footer Craig New Users to Excel 2 August 16th 06 12:48 AM
footer hornless unicorn Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 July 24th 06 05:40 PM
Footer nc Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 7 April 24th 06 09:41 AM
"&" in footer Biff Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 July 19th 05 12:49 PM