Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Bar Chart Format

Is there a way to change the bar format so that not only is each bar a
different color, but each has a different pattern? We do not have color
printers so the pretty colors that I currently have in the chart will not
print. I need it to have a pattern as well. I see that you can put a
texture, but that's not exactly what I am looking for, I have a chart that
was created in PowerPoint that has polka dots with different spacing on each
bar.

Thanks,

Tania
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click on the column you want to change, and make sure you only have that
single column selected. (Not the entire series).

Then on the patterns tab, click on 'fill effects', and then go to pattern.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"TLAngelo" wrote:

Is there a way to change the bar format so that not only is each bar a
different color, but each has a different pattern? We do not have color
printers so the pretty colors that I currently have in the chart will not
print. I need it to have a pattern as well. I see that you can put a
texture, but that's not exactly what I am looking for, I have a chart that
was created in PowerPoint that has polka dots with different spacing on each
bar.

Thanks,

Tania

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't see a "Patterns" tab. I am using 2007, when I click on the bar in
the chart that I want to change it says "series..." so I'm assuming that I
have selected the whole series. If I go to "Format" and then "Current
Selection", there isn't an option to select just one bar, only each series.

Tania