Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Import text into specific excel cells

Can I creat a macro to take information from a ducument and insert it into
specific cells in a Excel spreadsheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, you can do that.

Start Excel.......open a workbook.

Turn on the macro recorder whist copying all the text from this posting then
pasting into a selected cell in your Excel worksheet.

Might not be what you are really asking but then we don't know any more
details than what you have given.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 15:58:01 -0800, Darcy <Darcy @discussions.microsoft.com
wrote:

Can I creat a macro to take information from a ducument and insert it into
specific cells in a Excel spreadsheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you,

Now what I need is to take certain "text" or "prases" and put them into
different cells.
example: School begins on 1/19/2009 at 07:40 AM MST.
School would be in cell A2,
1/19/2009 would be in B2
and 07:40 AM MST. in C2

Next doc -
Work begins on 1/19/2009 at 07:40 AM MST.
Work be in cell A3
1/19/2009 would be in B3
and 07:40 AM MST. in C3

etc..
If I build the macro for doc 1 will it work as well for doc 2-100?

Thank you,
Darcy

wrote:

Can I creat a macro to take information from a ducument and insert it into
specific cells in a Excel spreadsheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copy each phrase into column A then use worksheet functions to parse into
columns B, C, and D

MID, FIND and LEN in combination should get you some results.

Hang in here.........I don't do well with text parsing but others can help
should they choose to jump in.

I would probably brute-force it using DataText to Columns space delimited
skipping the data cols not needed then re-combine what I wanted.

Gord