-   -   Excel comes up gray screen when first launched (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/209135-excel-comes-up-gray-screen-when-first-launched.html)

Excel comes up gray screen when first launched

I have a client with Excel 2007. When he tries to bring up a document, the
gray screen comes up. If he clicks on the document again- his data shows. He
has to do this every time in order for the data to show unless he already has
excel open and then he can pull from the list. I tried the suggestion in one
of the posts about going to the control panel and selecting folder options
etc..the only problem with that is once you append the "%1" to the end of the
application command line it no longer recognizes older versions. I tried to
put this solution into both xls and xlsx but it does not work. Now he gets a
message that the xlsx file can not be found even after I've gone in and reset
everything.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.