Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default gathering values from multiple workbooks

Help! My boss wants some stats. In order to get her what she needs, I will
have to open several hundred password protected workbooks (each workbook has
five pages), copy a column from worksheet 4, and paste the values to a new
workbook. I tried using Access to gather the data, but it just laughed at me.

Any suggestions on how to make the work go faster?

WinXP, Office 2003.

Thanks!
-----
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this add-in

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Rotata" wrote in message ...
Help! My boss wants some stats. In order to get her what she needs, I will
have to open several hundred password protected workbooks (each workbook has
five pages), copy a column from worksheet 4, and paste the values to a new
workbook. I tried using Access to gather the data, but it just laughed at me.

Any suggestions on how to make the work go faster?

WinXP, Office 2003.

Thanks!
-----

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Oops

Here is the link
http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm

--

"Rotata" wrote in message ...
Help! My boss wants some stats. In order to get her what she needs, I will
have to open several hundred password protected workbooks (each workbook has
five pages), copy a column from worksheet 4, and paste the values to a new
workbook. I tried using Access to gather the data, but it just laughed at me.

Any suggestions on how to make the work go faster?

WinXP, Office 2003.

Thanks!
-----

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ron,

Thank you for the add-in. I checked the tips and your web page for
instructions. I experimented with both b5:b18 and b5,b6,b7... and also the
level of folders.

Although it does not do exactly what I need, it keeps me from having to open
637 workbooks.

Is there any way to make the outcome look like:

Aug Sep Oct Nov
10 11 12 19
43 48 47 45
15 14 15 12
97 99 100 98

Thanks!

--

"Rotata" wrote in message ...
Help! My boss wants some stats. In order to get her what she needs, I will
have to open several hundred password protected workbooks (each workbook has
five pages), copy a column from worksheet 4, and paste the values to a new
workbook. I tried using Access to gather the data, but it just laughed at me.

Any suggestions on how to make the work go faster?

WinXP, Office 2003.

Thanks!
-----

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Almost everything is possible with a macro

But I need more info about the cell range you want to merge
and how you want it in the merge sheet