Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Merge cells

I have an excel spreadsheet where the first column is frozen. In cell A1 we
enter our project name which always ends up overflowing into the next cell.
This is what we want but when we scroll to the right the rest of the text
from cell A1 stays in A2. How can I have the text in cell A1 continue inot
the proceeding cell even if I scroll to the right?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

It won't do this if you Wrap your Text, but it will make you row height
larger.
--
Regards
Warren

If this helps please click the Yes button.

"Hollister" wrote:

I have an excel spreadsheet where the first column is frozen. In cell A1 we
enter our project name which always ends up overflowing into the next cell.
This is what we want but when we scroll to the right the rest of the text
from cell A1 stays in A2. How can I have the text in cell A1 continue inot
the proceeding cell even if I scroll to the right?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your A1 text spills over into B1........correct?

Column A is frozen in view..........correct?

You scroll across and the text overflow disappears..........correct?

That is because B1 is no longer visible.

To see all the text in A1 either make column A wider or set wrap text in A1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP