Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default HELP

Earlier today I opened Excel on my computer programs, found a template and
prepared an itemized account of my deceased mother's bank account from April
2007 until Oct. 31, 2008. I saved, or clicked the save button, named the
folder/file and, while finding it odd that there was a tab opened when I did
not start out on the internet, I closed the tab. Later I looked for the
information in my documents, and can find it NOWHERE1 mY COMputer is loaded
with the student edition of office 2003 and this was my first time attempting
to use excel. Can you Help Me?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On the File menu in Excel there should be a recently used file list which
should list your file, so you should be able to click on it to open your
file.
Next time when you save your file, be careful to check where it is being
stored. If you look in Tools/ Options/ General it should show you the
default file location, and you can change that if you prefer.
Another option if you are struggling to find the document is to use the
search facility in Windows Explorer, searching either from the top of your
hard disk (if only one) or from the top of My Computer, looking for *.xls
(within a date range if it was saved recently) and including sub-folders in
your search.
--
David Biddulph

"Sherial L Lawson" <Sherial L wrote in
message ...
Earlier today I opened Excel on my computer programs, found a template and
prepared an itemized account of my deceased mother's bank account from
April
2007 until Oct. 31, 2008. I saved, or clicked the save button, named the
folder/file and, while finding it odd that there was a tab opened when I
did
not start out on the internet, I closed the tab. Later I looked for the
information in my documents, and can find it NOWHERE1 mY COMputer is
loaded
with the student edition of office 2003 and this was my first time
attempting
to use excel. Can you Help Me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

David,
Thank you for your reply. After closing my local Central Counting District
last night I stumbled around and located the files, they were in a tmp. file.
Again, thanks.
--
Sherial L Lawson

"David Biddulph" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord,
Thank you, the workbook was indeed in the Temporary internet folder.
--
Sherial L Lawson

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Where did you "find" the Template?

You may have opened it from the Internet, saved the generated workbook.

The saved workbook is most likely to be found in the Temporary Internet
Folder

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 22:32:00 -0800, Sherial L Lawson <Sherial L
wrote:

Earlier today I opened Excel on my computer programs, found a template and
prepared an itemized account of my deceased mother's bank account from April
2007 until Oct. 31, 2008. I saved, or clicked the save button, named the
folder/file and, while finding it odd that there was a tab opened when I did
not start out on the internet, I closed the tab. Later I looked for the
information in my documents, and can find it NOWHERE1 mY COMputer is loaded
with the student edition of office 2003 and this was my first time attempting
to use excel. Can you Help Me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for letting us know.
Glad to hear that you found the data.