Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table sort -Excel 2007

I have an Excel spreadsheet with data in column 1 that is in an order which
only makes sense to me. I need to leave it in this order when I create the
Pivot Table. When I create the Pivot Table I drag this field to ROW LABELS.
At this point it will sort A-Z or Z-A. I want it to stay just like it shows
on my spreadsheet. I have checked the forum and have yet to find an answer.
--
Lisa Fornal
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I could really use some help with this. The order I have my spreadsheet is
the order the data occurs, this is why I don't want A-Z or Z-A. Doing a
custom sort to move each field would take way too much time.
--
Lisa Fornal

"Lisa F" wrote:

I have an Excel spreadsheet with data in column 1 that is in an order which
only makes sense to me. I need to leave it in this order when I create the
Pivot Table. When I create the Pivot Table I drag this field to ROW LABELS.
At this point it will sort A-Z or Z-A. I want it to stay just like it shows
on my spreadsheet. I have checked the forum and have yet to find an answer.
--
Lisa Fornal

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Lisa

As far as I can see this is a bug, when there are numeric values in the
field and I will report it.
If you can change your data to text values, then choose PivotTable
OptionsDisplaySort in Data Source order, then it will work.

To convert your data quickly, select the columnData tabText to
columnsNextNextColumn data formatTextFinish
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Lisa F" wrote:

I have an Excel spreadsheet with data in column 1 that is in an order
which
only makes sense to me. I need to leave it in this order when I create
the
Pivot Table. When I create the Pivot Table I drag this field to ROW
LABELS.
At this point it will sort A-Z or Z-A. I want it to stay just like it
shows
on my spreadsheet. I have checked the forum and have yet to find an
answer.
--
Lisa Fornal

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Lisa
works fine for me
If you want to send me a copy of your workbook I will see if I can see what
is happening.
to mail direct send to
roger at technology4u dot co dot uk
Change the at and dots to make a valid address
--
Regards
Roger Govier