Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Error message #NAME only on one computer

I have a spreadsheet which is used on multiple computers. On one there is a
#NAME error. the formula in the cell is:
=IF(B11=1,"n/a",IF(B12=1,"n/a",IF(B10B12,IF(ISODD(B12)=TRUE,B12-1,B12),B10*INT(B12/B10))))
Cell B10 can be anything from 1 upwards
Cell B11 can only be 1 or 2
Cell B12 can again be anything from 1 upwards.

I have looked through vairious settings and have ensureed that the analsys
toolkit add-in is active but I am now stumped. Any halp would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Charlotte
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tools addins... the checkbox must be checked.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200811

"Charlotte" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet which is used on multiple computers. On one there is a
#NAME error. the formula in the cell is:
=IF(B11=1,"n/a",IF(B12=1,"n/a",IF(B10B12,IF(ISODD(B12)=TRUE,B12-1,B12),B10*INT(B12/B10))))
Cell B10 can be anything from 1 upwards
Cell B11 can only be 1 or 2
Cell B12 can again be anything from 1 upwards.

I have looked through vairious settings and have ensureed that the analsys
toolkit add-in is active but I am now stumped. Any halp would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Charlotte

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you Gary,

Unticked and reticked a couple of times , saved spreadsheet and not.

Still no joy.

Charlotte

"Charlotte" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet which is used on multiple computers. On one there is a
#NAME error. the formula in the cell is:
=IF(B11=1,"n/a",IF(B12=1,"n/a",IF(B10B12,IF(ISODD(B12)=TRUE,B12-1,B12),B10*INT(B12/B10))))
Cell B10 can be anything from 1 upwards
Cell B11 can only be 1 or 2
Cell B12 can again be anything from 1 upwards.

I have looked through vairious settings and have ensureed that the analsys
toolkit add-in is active but I am now stumped. Any halp would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Charlotte

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bring up your formula auditing toolbar. On the far right (at least on mine),
is the ability to Evaluate Formula (Has an Fx in a little magnifying glass).
Select the cell that is giving the #NAME error, and then click on the
evaluate formula. (You may have to cycle a little bit to get back to the
beginning of the formula process). Eventually, it will display the whole
formula, and will step you through the solving of the formula. From there, it
will actually warn you when the 'next step' will give you an error. Try that,
and at least you can find where the error is specifically occurring within
the formula. My guess is one of your 3 feeder cells is evaluating to an
error, B10, B11, B12. Once you determine which cell is giving you the error,
go to that cell, and evaluate the formula, etc.
--
** John C **

"Charlotte" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet which is used on multiple computers. On one there is a
#NAME error. the formula in the cell is:
=IF(B11=1,"n/a",IF(B12=1,"n/a",IF(B10B12,IF(ISODD(B12)=TRUE,B12-1,B12),B10*INT(B12/B10))))
Cell B10 can be anything from 1 upwards
Cell B11 can only be 1 or 2
Cell B12 can again be anything from 1 upwards.

I have looked through vairious settings and have ensureed that the analsys
toolkit add-in is active but I am now stumped. Any halp would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Charlotte

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Joy is over-rated, let's settle for the absence of misery.

If the user puts:
=ISODD(2)
does the cell display FALSE or #NAME ??
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200811

"Charlotte" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet which is used on multiple computers. On one there is a
#NAME error. the formula in the cell is:
=IF(B11=1,"n/a",IF(B12=1,"n/a",IF(B10B12,IF(ISODD(B12)=TRUE,B12-1,B12),B10*INT(B12/B10))))
Cell B10 can be anything from 1 upwards
Cell B11 can only be 1 or 2
Cell B12 can again be anything from 1 upwards.

I have looked through vairious settings and have ensureed that the analsys
toolkit add-in is active but I am now stumped. Any halp would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Charlotte

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try replacing this portion: