Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Autosum not displaying until spreadsheet saved

I have a spreadsheet where a column is being autosummed (=sum(A1:A16)). The
figure does not appear in A17 until the worksheet is saved. Why?

Something I discovered - the amount in A17 is being used in calculations in
another column. That calculation is being used in a third. Is this the
reason the autosum answer does not appear in A17 until CTRL-S is pressed or
the worksheet is saved?

If this is the case, can you point me to the specific rule or explanantion
so I can share this with others?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sounds like your calculation mode is set to manual with recalc on save set to
yes.

Go to TOOLS/OPTIONS and click the CALCULATION tab and set it to AUTOMATIC
--
Kevin Backmann