Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Match/Index problem with new rows

I have the following formulas set up and they work fine for rows 3 - 21,
which was what it was initially set up for. However, I added additional rows
(up to 101) to the original worksheet and now only the match works. It
always pulls the correct data, but the index only returns #REF for all of the
fields it is in these newly added rows.

=MATCH(E3,Employees,0)

=IF(INDEX(Data,$H$3,COLUMN(A1))="","",INDEX(Data,$ H$3,COLUMN(A1)))

=IF(A6="","",INDEX(Data,$H$3,COLUMN(B1)))

How can I get it corrected for the new rows? Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Most likely your range name Data needs to be redefined to cover the entire
101 rows. Insert, Name, Define...
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire