Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Filters

Hi All

Im hoping someone can help.

I have a spreadsheet containing Training Information. A simplified version is
laid out below :-

The rows contain the Staff Name and Service Area and the and the Columns
contain the courses available. If the course is required by the staff member
a priority Letter is plotted in to the matrix
eg Darren requires Course 1 on a Priority A.

Now heres the tricky bit !! What I want to be able to do is filter on both
rows and columns so if i filter on Finance it will return Darren and Johns
Info but only show courses 1 and 2 and not course 3 as neither of those
require that.

Likewise if I filter on Darren it will only show Course 1

Name Service Area Course 1
Course 2 Course 3
Darren Finance A
John Finance A
Alan Admin A
David Admin A

Is this possible and if so how do I do it, Ive started to look at advanced
filters but not sure iif this is the way forward !!

Many Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In your Excel 2007 Table, insert another column
with this formula:
=--(COUNTIF(Table1[[#This Row],[Course1]:[Course3]],"A")0)
Filter on that column and either Service Area or Name.

Pivot Table filters, especially DATE filters chris Excel Worksheet Functions 0 August 27th 08 04:33 AM
filters ryan Excel Worksheet Functions 2 October 5th 07 04:03 PM
How to copy with filters but not copy the filters in the middle? ztalove Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 November 1st 06 04:53 PM
Filters, Subtotal & Intacted Results after the filters' Removal kasiopi Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 February 24th 06 12:18 PM
Filters Kile Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 October 20th 05 10:05 PM