Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Which function?

I have a massive table in one sheet in Excel and I want to take the relevant
information from it onto other sheets. Basically, I want a formula that will
look down a column until it finds an entry, then take this entry and put it
into another sheet, along with the other information in the same row, then
find the next entry etc etc. Which function would I use to do this? I've
tried looking at vlookup but I'm not sure that's what I want..
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Without more information it's difficilt to be precise bu Vlookup may be what
you want.

Put this in a cell on a sheet. It looks for the value in A1 on sheet 1 and
returns column 2. Drag right and it retirns column 3. keep dragging right as
far as required.

=VLOOKUP($A$1,Sheet1!$A$1:F$1000,COLUMN(B1),FALSE)

Mike

"Cat787" wrote:

I have a massive table in one sheet in Excel and I want to take the relevant
information from it onto other sheets. Basically, I want a formula that will
look down a column until it finds an entry, then take this entry and put it
into another sheet, along with the other information in the same row, then
find the next entry etc etc. Which function would I use to do this? I've
tried looking at vlookup but I'm not sure that's what I want..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Mike, my problem is that I don't actually want to look up a specific
number, I'll try and be more specific. I have a spreadsheet, that lists
various items in column A, then column B and C relate to one location, D and
E another location and F and G a third location, so each item is only
relevant to one location. So for the first location I want a formula that
will look down column B until it finds an entry and then copy it across, but
I don't want to specify what the entry is, so I don't want to look up a
specific value, just want it to return all cells that have a value, if that
makes sense.