Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table Calculation

Hi

Is it possible for Pivot Tables to calculate differences between 2 columns.
For instance I have a a table showing a range of dates down the x-axis (row).
I have limited the column axis to only 2 values. I have removed "Show grand
totals for rows" as this adds the 2 values together. I actually want to see
the difference between the 2 values rather than their sum?
--
Kevin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

yes!

If the two fields in the data area are different years from a column field
for example then double-click the "Sum of Amout" button at the top left of
the pivot table. Click Options, open the Show data as drop down and choose
Difference From or % Difference From. If the column field is named Year you
would pick it in the Base field area and then you would pick one of your two
years in the Base item area.

If this helps please click the Yes button.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire