Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default case of

When I want to make a choice in a list and in each case there must be another
result how do I manage? (The if-function works only for one case)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have a look in the help index for LOOKUP for VLOOKUP

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"MrWonder" wrote in message
When I want to make a choice in a list and in each case there must be
another
result how do I manage? (The if-function works only for one case)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

You can use vlookup set to exact match, to lookup the droplist selections (in
say, A1 down) and have the results returned in an adjacent col (eg in B1 down)

Try Debra's page on VLOOKUP essentials:
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:20,000 Files:362 Subscribers:62
xdemechanik
---
"MrWonder" wrote:
When I want to make a choice in a list and in each case there must be another
result how do I manage? (The if-function works only for one case)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you mean by this that if you pick an item from a data validation drop down
list you want another cell, somewhere else, you want a formula to return a
different answer:

1. You can use IF with more than one conditon, for example if A1 is where
your list is:

=IF(A1="red",15,IF(A1="Green",20,0))

2. You can use VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, LOOKUP, or MATCH, for example:
If you set up a little table

red 15
green 20

then
=VLOOKUP(A1,LittleTable,2,FALSE)

3. You can use CHOOSE, for example:

=CHOOSE(MATCH(A1,{"red","green"},0),15,20)

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire