Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default What formula(e) to use?

i have a table, which I will run solver on. I am telling solver to make
choices and optimize resource usage. After using the binary function, I am
Stuck.

Say i have this Table

T1 T2 T3 T4
A 1 0 0 0
B 0 1 0 0
C 0 0 1 0
D 0 0 0 1

i will need the table to be in the form

Time
A T1
B T2
C T3
D T4

thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you want the value in A1 when Col A has a 1 (and others have 0), value in
B1 if Col B has 1 (and others have 0) and so on then use this in
E2 and copy down till the range you want
=INDIRECT(LOOKUP(MATCH(1,A2:D2,0),{1,2,3,4},{"A"," B","C","D"})&"1")
or the simplified version
=INDIRECT("R1C"&MATCH(1,A2:D2,0),FALSE)
"Zakkk" wrote:

i have a table, which I will run solver on. I am telling solver to make
choices and optimize resource usage. After using the binary function, I am
Stuck.

Say i have this Table

T1 T2 T3 T4
A 1 0 0 0
B 0 1 0 0
C 0 0 1 0
D 0 0 0 1

i will need the table to be in the form

Time
A T1
B T2
C T3
D T4

thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

T1 T2 T3 T4
A 1 0 0 0

Hi. Assume T1 is in Cell A1.
To the right of T4, the function could be:

=Sumproduct({t1,t2,t3,t}, {B1:B4})

Copy this down D2:D5. (Keeping t1...t4 constant)

If I understand the problem, you will also want to add the constraint
that the sum of each Row, and each column, equals 1.

I don't believe you will have any luck with functions "Indirect",
"Lookup", and "Match" because Solver can not track the discontinuity, or
jump, in the functions.

HTH
Dana DeLouis