Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zen Zen is offline

Default A function to read a number and split it in separate cells

I have numbers like,

abs1: xxxx:qw124a: 124
abs:xyz:123456788:12

How can I use any function that reads the ":" and then split values between
":" into separate cells. The number of values between ":" might not be
constant, as you can see from the examples above.

I would appreciate any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Test this first on a sample, make sure these values are in a single column
and there are empty columns to the right

Datatext to columns, delimited, click next and select : as delimiter and
click finish.

Make a backup before you do this

Peo Sjoblom